UW Bothell

Thursday, July 06, 2006

When I decided to attend UW Bothell, the primary reason was that I was finishing my two year degree in the fall quarter and the main campus in Seattle only accepts new students in the fall. I didn't want to wait three quarters, so I decided that Bothell would be a much better choice. After spending three quarters here, I am so glad that I made the decision to come to this campus. The thing I appreciate most about the Bothell campus is the small class size. I would dread trying to learn in a class that had several hundred students in it. The smaller classes allow students to build better relationships and also mean that the professors are almost always available if you need to meet with them; counselors are also readily available whenever there is a need to meet with one of them. Another aspect that I really enjoy about this campus is that there aren't any teacher assistants running the classes. I don't see the sense in paying top dollar for an education so that the professor can work on publishing material while their assistants teach the classes. So far I have liked every one of my professors. I also enjoy all of the team projects; working in groups is a great experience and I feel the experience will continue to serve me well long after I finish school. Another thing that really makes me glad that I attend this campus is that there is always parking available. I appreciate that it is reasonably priced (1$/day) and that the parking structure is only about 50 yards from the classroom buildings. Lastly, I'd like to send a shout out to Marouane for carpooling with me and saving me at least 15 minutes of traffic each way!

3 Comments:

  • We like you too

    You're great in the classroom. If you're into racquetball, you ought to swing a few with Prof. Krishnamurthy. I have a guest pass if you need one.

    By Blogger Alan Leong, at 8:32 PM  

  • Michael, from where did you get all these pictures? :)>
    I am so glad that I am attending UWB as well, like you said, small classes and small class projects gives the student a wonderful environment to study and learn. I am so glad that we do save time on carpooling.( this is not TVM, but it is TVG – Time value of gas . Thanks

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:02 AM  

  • Hey everyone,

    Don't be afraid to strongly critique our campus even though I'm here. If you're nervous, I can't get into most of the blogs anyways.

    Every place has its warts. I've attended 8 different colleges and universities. Each had its peculiarities. I can honestly say that there were things that I really loved and hated about each campus.

    Anyways, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Say HI to Professor K for me.

    By Blogger Alan Leong, at 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home